Top Tips To Remove Offensive Odors in Your Home
Sometimes, offensive odors may pop up in your home. As long as you live in your house and use the amenities within it, it is normal for odors to occur time to time. To prevent such odors from happening, you can consider engaging cleaning services to ensure that your home is always kept spick and span, reducing the chances of odor. However, if they do occur, here are some tips to remove them.
Hacks for Odors in Your House
Sometimes, odors are stubborn and will reach every corner of your home. Here are some hacks you can try to get rid of it.
- Opening the windows: if the weather is good, open the windows to facilitate cross-ventilation and to get the fresh air blowing into your home. This can help to air out the room and remove odors.
- Cut lemons up and place them in inconspicuous spots: Lemons are a natural deodorizer and gets rid of bad odors. They also leave a fragrant, fruity aroma.
- Dab vanilla or essential oil on a light bulb: This creates a mini diffuser that is effective for hours. This works great to soothe and to keep bad odors out.
- Sprinkle some baking soda on your carpets: After you sprinkle them, leave it there for at least two hours. Baking soda can help to absorb bad smells and is easy to clean up with vacuum cleaners. This is also a good idea for other types of textiles and upholstery.
- Soak a hand towel in white vinegar and wring it: Bring the towel along as you walk through your home, and wave the towel about. Although it seems silly, vinegar is effective in getting rid of bad odors, and can even eliminate the smell of cigarette smoke.
Laundry Room Odors
Odors can also come from specific rooms in your home. One possible place could be the laundry room, where the dirty clothes could emanate a stench. In order to get rid of the stench in the laundry room and to ensure that it is kept fresh, you can clean your washer by running a hot wash. Do this when the machine is empty. Then, fill up the fabric softener dispenser with white vinegar. This is effective in keeping the musty smell at bay. When the washer is not in use, the washer lid should be kept open to prevent odors from developing. This can also help keep your clothes smelling fresh.
Kitchen odors can come from several places like your refrigerator, the trash, or the oven. If your refrigerator has not been cleaned in a long time, it is time to give it a good cleanse. Throw out food that has gone bad and wipe down your fridge every once in a while to get rid of any food spills that may have happened in the fridge. You should also aim to clean the oven every time you use it, and this can be done with a cloth and mildly soapy water after the oven has cooled.
Are you finding ways to remove odors from your home? Odors can happen anywhere inside your house, and it may be difficult to completely eliminate it if you do not know how. In order to prevent these odors, you can look into engaging cleaning services to ensure that every corner of your home is clean, reducing the chances of these offensive odors. SERVPRO has a team of cleaning pros that use the right equipment and techniques to ensure that your house is always clean. Feel free to contact us to find out more about our cleaning services today!